Members, their guests and visitors will observe and adhere to the following dress codes.
Dress within the Clubhouse may be smart and casual; however at all times it must be sensible and conform to the standard expected of a Club with Duddingston’s history and tradition.
Soft-Spike Golf shoes may be worn throughout the entire clubhouse, including the bar/restaurant areas. It is expected however, that anyone wearing them in the bar/restaurant will ensure that they have been suitably cleaned before entering by making full use of the shoe cleaning facilities that are available.
- No football, rugby or beach shorts will be permitted.
- No vests or similar styled tops, track suits, rugby or football shirts, tee shirts or crop tops.
- Shirts must be tucked into trousers.
- Members, guests and visitors have a responsibility of care for the lockers and furnishings within the Clubhouse.
- No golfing equipment or sports bags shall be brought into the lounge bar or dining room.
- No trolleys are allowed in the Clubhouse.
- Members, guests and visitors are expected at all times to demonstrate a high standard of behaviour, especially with respect to moderate language.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the Clubhouse.
Dress on the Course will be appropriate golf attire:
- Golf caps.
- Golf hats.
- Gents collared shirts or shirts specifically designed for the game of golf.
- Tailored trousers.
- Tailored shorts (knee or just above knee length).
- Proper golf shoes with either metal or soft spikes.
- Blue denim clothing.
- Calf length trousers (Gents).
- Vests and sleeveless shirts.
- T-shirts and other collarless shirts.
- Football/rugby shirts and shorts.
- Track suits.
- Training shoes.
Shirts and blouses must be tucked into trousers, shorts or skirts as appropriate and trousers must not be tucked into socks.
THE STAFF OF DUDDINGSTON GOLF CLUB ARE EMPOWERED BY THE BOARD TO ENFORCE THESE RULES FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL.